Fluffy Gluten Free Protein Pancakes are my favorite!! Ever since we started making this recipe, it’s become a regular in our weekend brunch rotation. We’ve made it with both whey protein powder and vegetable protein powder (pea based) and it’s worked out well with both, but I’ll include the exact protein powder blend that we are currently using in the recipe.
These fluffy protein pancakes are especially great to make ahead if you meal-prep at the beginning of the week. You can grab one as a snack (I like to fold one over like a taco and slather nut butter inside so it’s easy to eat on the go!) or store them in the fridge or freezer and pop them in your toaster oven or microwave for a few seconds- viola! Fluffy Protein Pancakes for the win! 🙂
- 3/4 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder just under a 30 gram scoop- we’ve used Body Fortress Isolate Protein and Purely Inspired Organic Vegetable Based Protein Powder
- 3/4 c. your choice of Milk soured with 2 Tbsp. White vinegar (we use plain unsweetened Almond Milk)
- 1 c. Oat flour pulse oatmeal in food processor for a few seconds, or until it’s coarse oat flour
- 3 Tbsp. Flour we use gluten free flour - usually Namaste or Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1
- 1-2 Tbsp. Sweetener of your choice we usually use honey or maple
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tblsp. Butter melted (or sub 1 Tbsp Canola Oil and 1 Tbsp Apple Sauce)
- Oil for cooking on griddle if needed
- 1. Preheat your griddle to medium heat, about 350f.
- 2. Mix vinegar and milk in a small bowl, allow it to sit for ~5 minutes to sour (while you whisk together the dry ingredients).
- 3. Combine all dry ingredients in medium bowl, then whisk egg and butter into sour milk.
- 4. Combine wet with dry ingredients, whisk quickly until lumps are gone.
- 5. Immediately cook on preheated skillet or griddle.
We hope you enjoy these Fluffy Protein Pancakes as much as we do!! Feel free to experiment and have fun with toppings or mix-ins such as:
- Coconut Flakes
- Chocolate Chips
- Pecans (fabulous with cinnamon in the Autumn months)
If you’re searching for other Gluten Free breakfast ideas, you may like my Banana Protein Breakfast Cake or Gluten Free Banana Streusel Bread! Until Next Time,